Community > Forum > Saltwater Talk > Flounder Division

Flounder Division

flounderpounder
flounderpounder

Texas,US

Posted Fri Nov 7, 2008 10:17 am
Flounder Division
I think we should add a third saltwater species to the tournaments........
Flounder would definately be a top contender!

Gig 'em Aggies!

LooseDragMcgoo
LooseDragMcgoo

Ontario,CA

Posted Sat Nov 8, 2008 4:29 am
Re: Flounder Division
Id love to see more OCEAN SPECIES! Dont get to see them around here so it's diffently a treat to see some the catches!
Mike :)

Better to be loose then tight!

Steve P
Steve P

Florida,US

Posted Sun Nov 9, 2008 4:25 am
I dont think the flounder in FLA can compete with some of the other states,i dont think there would be many people to compete, you can catch them the same areas you get trout and redfish there just not that large,''Dam good eatin though!!!!.

Thumper!! S papp

flounderpounder
flounderpounder

Texas,US

Posted Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:46 am
oh they can get decent size to them.......i see guys catching them up to 26 inches around where i fish and my personal best is 23in

if you fish for flounder, you know those are some big flounder!!

Gig 'em Aggies!

flounderpounder
flounderpounder

Texas,US

Posted Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:52 am
and YES.......florida holds some BIG flounder

lets get some more saltwater divisions for these fish!!!

Gig 'em Aggies!

Deepblu505
Deepblu505

North Carolina,US

Posted Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:48 am
We definitely have some big flounder here in NC. Think it would be a good idea to add them to the list of salt water.

Give a man a fly and he will fish for a day, teach a man to tie flies and he will pick up dead squirils off the road

Gmoney
Gmoney

Texas,US

Posted Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:52 am
Click for full image

http://www.bountyfishing.com/members/5f0453f78909173a7ce2eb874d2a7f52/photo/2ff3
n85c6e75c56b7a5a93d9fcd0c82ee/640x480/texas-slam-3.jpg

Chocolate Bayou/ Lake Conroe

Richard
Richard

Other,CA

Posted Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:07 am
Re: Re: Flounder Division
If this thread can generate some decent support, Flounder will be considered.

R

Gmoney
Gmoney

Texas,US

Posted Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:32 am
Im in like FLYNN........

ISeeSpots
ISeeSpots

Florida,US

Posted Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:19 pm
I'd try for it, but I'm not sure I could catch one big enough. Gigging is much easier than catching in the panhandle, but I don't target flounder that much, so I'm probably not the best person to ask advice from. I'd be interested though.

Team Tightline

outdoorsmen438
outdoorsmen438

Florida,US

Posted Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:16 pm
I caught a 23 inch flounder this weekend, I would be interested in adding the flounder to the saltwater category. The only problem with flounder is "Im not sure how to target them. It seems like when I catch a flounder I am happily suprised. Does anyone know how target them? Oh and by the way they are my new favorite fish after this weekend to eat. (beats a snook any day)

Also I was wondering if we could get enough people to start a Snook division.??

Fish ON!!!

Gmoney
Gmoney

Texas,US

Posted Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:42 am
You got that right! That meat is decandent!Here on the texas coast,we use mud minnows(killifish)finger mullet,shrimp on fish-finder rigs(carolina rig);Small jigs(Touts)work well too.I like the d.o.a terror-eyez,Shrimp,shassy shad,etc.Throw out,let it fall to the bottom,and crawl your bait,mix it up with short pauses and hops;They love a moving tide;try to find underwater ditches,drop-offs from 2 to 8 ft;Tidal marsh,mangrove ditches can be a good start.*while helping my dad land a redfish yeatrs ago I was throwing a Glow doa shrimp and while I helped my dad,I set my rod down for about to minuets;picked it up,thought I was hung;22 inch Flounder..Pays to go sssllooowww.*Dont forget to tip you jig with cut shrimp,shad,mullet.etc..

ProDeepV
ProDeepV

Arizona,US

Posted Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:15 am
I went for flounder for the first time in June.Sommers Point, New Jersey.Caught about 200 of them,only 5 keepers out of the slew,but it was a blast.

Bruce Snyder

gregor
gregor

Florida,US

Posted Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:33 am
I will fish a flounder tournament, it would be interesting. I never target them but I could.

Ankle-Deep

TGF
TGF

British Columbia,CA

Posted Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:48 am
I could be in for flounder. They are 8 hours from me but could be worth a trip. Caught a 30 incher last trip out.

Dead eye

fishfry
fishfry

Florida,US

Posted Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:01 pm
Id be up for it, as long as it is seperated from the diffrent sub-species properly cant compete against those nothern monsters
FISHINMA
FISHINMA

Utah,US

Posted Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:48 pm
Now which closest direction would I go for those?
Smiley!

DUCK TAPE USE #87: I found that duct tape works much better and quicker than spanking!

bassindow
bassindow

Florida,US

Posted Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:58 pm
well as usual if Florida has it I will sign up for it ! Caught one last weekend and lost a big one .I have never fished for them but have caught a few accidently .But I would try a one day pass since it is still an hour from my house to get to the salt waters.I am in if it happens though.bassindow

Bassindow

lyda33
lyda33

Texas,US

Posted Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:52 pm
i'm down for flounder
Gmoney
Gmoney

Texas,US

Posted Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:50 am
Click for full image

http://www.bountyfishing.com/members/5f0453f78909173a7ce2eb874d2a7f52/photo/1819
n020b02e926785cf3be594d957696/640x480/flattie-for-the-grill.jpg

No words needed.....

christina21maria
christina21maria

Other,AU

Posted Thu Jan 5, 2012 10:31 pm
Its really nice & great Idea If you're thinking to add a third saltwater species to the tournaments........?
[url=http://www.fishjumanji.com/]miami beach fishing[/url]

http://www.fishjumanji.com/

Bookmark and Share

Oct 12,2020

GARGANTU-BROWN 2

Oct 12,2020

GARGANTU-BROWN

Oct 12,2019

HOW NOW BROWN TROUT

Oct 11,2019

dorado fishing in puerto vallarta

fishing tournament walleye redfish largemouth bass smallmouth bass fishing tournaments fishing tournament walleye redfish largemouth bass smallmouth bass fishing tournaments fishing tournament walleye redfish largemouth bass smallmouth bass fishing tournaments