carp?

Littlefisher15
Littlefisher15

Ohio,US

Posted Wed Jun 1, 2011 7:16 pm
carp?
I see these surfacing carp floating around a pond near my house and they won't eat bread. any ideas or good baits/recipes to catch them?

I don't go fishing, I go catching

xXFLIESXx
xXFLIESXx

New Mexico,US

Posted Wed Jun 1, 2011 10:11 pm
Re: carp?
depends on what kinda carp they are, if they aren't eating bread its probably because they are grass carp. There mainly vegetarians and feed on the grass and algae that surrounds lakes, ponds and streams. your best bet if you are going after them would be either a tied ball of spinach, cut lawn grass or cherry tomatoes. careful though, they are very very skiddish. good luck

"If it swims I'll fish for it" -http://www.squidoo.com/lensmasters/xXOUTDOORSXx

freshwaterphi
freshwaterphi

Quebec,CA

Posted Thu Jun 2, 2011 9:11 am
Re: carp?
If they are common carp, they probably spawning or getting ready to when you see them schooling t the surface. They don't typically feed at the surface, they're bottom feeders.
However, you can catch them fly fishing or by casting small lures in their face, they'll inhale them once in a while.

Freshwaterphil.com

Bookmark and Share

Oct 12,2020

GARGANTU-BROWN 2

Oct 12,2020

GARGANTU-BROWN

Oct 12,2019

HOW NOW BROWN TROUT

Oct 11,2019

dorado fishing in puerto vallarta

fishing tournament walleye redfish largemouth bass smallmouth bass fishing tournaments fishing tournament walleye redfish largemouth bass smallmouth bass fishing tournaments fishing tournament walleye redfish largemouth bass smallmouth bass fishing tournaments