1) “Match the Hatch,” a statement we have been hearing for years. Yes it’s important and a good starting point to match the colour and size of your lures with what the fish are eating. However, it is alright to think outside the box and throw something of a different colour and size. Switching it up can trigger more bites! Don’t be afraid to experiment until you find that winning combination.
2) “Fresh Obsessed,” is an important concept in fishing. Having new line and sharp hooks are essential tools for fisherman that bring the fish into the boat. Weak and old line can snap when you have a fish of a lifetime on! Not a good idea to be fishing with 10 year old line. Upgrade that line with sharp hooks. Rust and dull points affect your hooking percentage. Every bite counts, so make sure your hooks are sharp to drill that hook into the fish’s mouth!
3) “Moisture Free.” This tip links up with quick tip 2 and keeping rust off your hooks. After a day on the water, air out your tackle boxes, bags, and trays, so they have a chance to air dry. Letting your tackle dry will keep rust of your hooks and your investments lasting longer!
4) If you’re on a tight budget and you want a versatile lure, nothing can beat a spinnerbait. This lure is deadly and affective in multiple conditions. Clear, dirty, shallow, and deep, this lure can go almost anywhere. The bonus about this lure it can catch a number of species that swim. It catches smallmouth, largemouth, pike, and even muskie! Spinnerbaits work! Go test one out and see the results!
5) “It’s a Waiting Game,” That somewhat applies to fishing. If what your doing doesn’t work switch it up! Don’t waste your day catching no fish. Breaking down the way your fishing will help you determine what’s not working. Sometimes all it takes is a red flake in your lure. Pay attention to your surroundings and you will catch more fish.
‘Till next time: May your hook sets be Massive and your fish be Monsters!